How do I sue a school for breach of contract (unpaid money) as an independent contractor?

Asked on Feb 14th, 2017 on Contracts - New York
More details to this question:
A college I work for as a music director/pianist paid me less than my normal hourly rate after completing all of the rehearsals and performances for a musical. The justification is it was more than he expected/wanted to pay, and that was that. This happened on two different musicals. For about 9 years before, all rehearsals and performances were always invoiced with my hours worked and were always paid in full with the next pay period. The total is approx $2,500. Can I sue a school or the administrator who made the decision to cheat me? Is small claims the way or a larger lawsuit? Help please!

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters