Do I need to pay royalty for getting my self-published children's book translated into Chinese?

Asked on May 15th, 2016 on Contracts - Maryland
More details to this question:
The book will be re-produced using both my original English text with illustrations that are copyrighted with the inserted translated Chinese text. The book will be published with another ISBN number. This will be self-published using online publishing platform and available via Amazon in U.S. and later in China both available in print and possibly electronically, Again. do I need to pay the translator who happens to be a colleague royalties or just a flat fee? Thank you.
  • 0/5.0
  • 0
no peer reviews
no client reviews
Answered on May 16th, 2016 at 9:11 AM
You need to pay the translator whatever you and the translator agree upon, whether it be royalties, a flat fee, some combination of the two, or some other form of compensation.  You are not bound to any particular form of compensation.
Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters